Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

There are so many reasons to be grateful and chock-full of thanks this season year.


Little reasons that I used to take for granted like fresh air in my lungs and BIG reasons like Lucy's health. Her lungs are healthy and able to take in the fresh air. Her new pancreatic enzymes (Pancreacarb) in combination with a twice daily pro-biotic has made her digestive symptoms get a little better. The big sign that the new medications are working will be weight gain. I am thankful for Lucy's health, her entire CF team, CF medications and my family that help out when times get tough.


There are times when I may lose my cool when Lucy throws dramatic tantrums on the floor but I am so thankful for every moment we get to spend together. I know that one day she will be so independent that she may not need me as much. I smother her with love, kisses and affection while as much as I can because the years of independence and rebellion are coming sooner than I want them to. During a tickle-fest the other day, she shoved her hand in my face and shouted, "Get away to me, Mama!" I am thankful for every hug, kiss and cuddle that she allows me to steal from her.



I am thankful for my mother who has taken Lucy and I in when we needed help the most. Not only have Lucy and I been living with my mom for an entire year, she helps out with Lucy's breathing treatments and care giving. She watches Lucy at night while I am working. She does so many things for my daughter and I that there is nothing I could possibly do to thank her enough. I am very thankful for my mother and everything she does for me.




There is nothing more important to me than Lucy and my family. I am so grateful everyday that I have them in my life because believe it or not it really does take a village!

Thank you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails