Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Not Me" and Pancakes!

If you haven't noticed, it has been about a week since my last blog. The only excuse I have is that I was just plain tired! Pooped! Beat! Run down! Exhausted! No urge to turn on the computer this week. Every single nap time had by Lucy this week was also had and enjoyed by me.

The bloggy me is back and having missed "Not Me" Monday I can assure all of you that my mommy mishaps did not get overlooked!

This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.





It was not me that was so tired one morning that I put Lucy's tank top on backwards. It was not me that ran errands around town all day with a child that had a tag sticking out. It was nearly touching her chin and I did not even notice! Nope. Not me!

It was not me who screamed like a teenage girl in a horrible B murder movie. You know that girl that runs away? No. She does not really run. More like jogs away from the villain and then, while looking over her shoulder, trips over a tree root and tosses herself helplessly onto the ground to be slain by the mass murderer? Nope. I did not scream out loud like that stereotypical girl and I did not jump a few feet when a man-eating spider dove straight at me from inside Lucy's diaper bag. I am pretty sure that the black, hairy arachnid was not going to eat me! Nope. Not me! I can assure you that I am a lot braver than that!


In this week sans blog and computer time, I did have time to come up with some more tasty things for Lucy to eat that are not only yummy but higher in calories than the normal item. Here is a recipe that she loves in the morning. Top these bad boys with some fresh whipped cream, syrup, powdered sugar, bananas or vanilla yogurt! The whole family will enjoy the fluffy goodness that these hot cakes bring to the table!

Ricotta & Blueberry Pancakes!!

1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup whole milk
2 eggs (seperated)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Combine Bisquick, milk, 2 egg yolks, vanilla and ricotta into a bowl. Whisk until blended. The batter will be lumpy. DO NOT over mix!

Beat the 2 egg whites until fluffy and stiff peaks form. This may take up to 4 minutes so be patient! They will make your pancakes so light!

Gently fold fluffy whites into the batter. DO NOT stir. Fold in blueberries.

Pour approximately 1/4 cup of mixture onto a hot griddle (350-400F degrees.) Flip pancake when edges begin to bubble and dry out.

Makes 6-8 delicious pancakes. Double the recipe for a large family OR freeze and enjoy them the entire week! **About 110 calories per pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails