Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Big 2-9

Yesterday marked my 29th trip around the sun! I had a great time celebrating with friends and family in the past few days. One special treat was Lucy singing the "birthday song" for me yesterday morning. She is so sweet!

My mom and Lucy got me the best gift that we can all benefit from...and ice cream maker! I made my first batch of homemade strawberry ice cream. It was a hit and only took 40 minutes to make. It will be so easy to make high calorie frozen treats for Lucy this summer. I guess I should go out and buy some sugar cones.

On Monday night, a good friend and I went out and got our hair done at Deeda Salon in Sacramento. They had an all day fundraiser Cuts For a Cause, and all the proceeds from the day's cuts, waxes and blowouts went to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The fundraiser was brought about because of one boy's story. Simon is the nephew of one of the hair stylists. My friend and I were able to get fabulous hair cuts and also supported my favorite charity.

Just today I picked the date for another Team Lucy fundraiser to benefit the Foundation. Friday, August 13th will be Team Lucy's Spaghetti Dinner and raffle at the VFW post 1985 in Woodland, California. I am planning some big things for this event. More details will be available as I get them narrowed down, but I am hoping for a DJ or karaoke to follow the dinner and raffle.

Team Lucy has almost reached their goal this year of $10,000 dollars for the CF Foundation. We currently have $6,633.82 raised for this year! We'll keep on fundraising until we get to our goal, and until we find a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails