Friday, March 19, 2010

CrackBerry Stolen!

I was only on day two of my new technology-filled life with a brand new phone, a BlackBerry Curve 8310. I have never before owned a SmartPhone and was incredibly excited to be able to handle all of my networking needs on one portable location.

How terribly sad that it had
1. taken me this long to get a SmartPhone, and
2. I am so upset that someone stole it.

The whole thing is sad to me. I should know better and keep my "things" close to me, but I was in a hurry to go nowhere and wasn't paying attention.

I was on my way to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner with Lucy and my mom. I got out of the car, opened up Lucy's door to remove her from her car seat, set the shiny new phone on top of the car so I could lug her backpack and her out, and then I stopped to check Lucy's diaper before heading in to have dinner. I stupidly and mistakenly left my brand new, shiny, oh-so-special, handheld social lifeline on top of the car.

We went into the restaurant, sat down and hadn't yet ordered. It was maybe ten minutes before I realized what I had done, and I ran out to the parking lot to get the phone. It was gone, never to be seen again.

Of course, I had yet to buy insurance for the phone; there is a 30 day grace period before you have to decide to buy insurance. I reported it stolen and found out that I would not be eligible for another great upgrade deal until November of 2011! My $10 BlackBerry was gone forever and so were the great $10 deals... so I thought. I wanted to cry.

I filed a police report with the Woodland Police Department, but for some reason I think they may have more pressing matters to deal with than my stolen BlackBerry.

My mom was nice enough to let me use her mobile upgrade to get the same $10 deal on a BlackBerry. She likes her phone, and it is in good shape, and she promised me she wouldn't be needing a new one for a while. I am able to get another new phone for the same great deal within a couple of days.

The moral of this story:
Don't be in such a hurry to get somewhere, and don't leave your phone on the top of a car. Get insurance on everything of great monetary and social connecting value just in case! Hooray for mothers who let you use their wireless upgrade because you let your phone of it's leash.

Shame on me. I learned my lesson the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails