Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mothering Passed Down

Yesterday, I was at my grandmother's house looking through picture albums and found a photo of my 23 year old mother breastfeeding newborn baby ME in 1981. Healthy nurturing habits must be passed down through the generations, one generation teaching sons and daughters how to peacefully parent their own children. It begins early on in infancy.

My mother, in 1981, was laying the groundwork and foundation to my own parenting styles today. I must say that I learned from the best, and I hope to pass down my own natural ways of parenting to the next generation. This photo is of 26 year old me breastfeeding Lucy while she was in the NICU. The acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you AND your Mom! My Mom didn't breastfeed me & my sisters & my sisters didn't breastfeed their own kids very long. I hope that when my son has kids of his own that he is as supportive as my husband has been to me. It's such a wonderful experience! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding other people who share my affinty for the boob.

    Not only is it SO HEALTHY, it's also SUCH an increcible bonding experience! That may sound a little cliche, but it's so true.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails