Thursday, June 18, 2009

New jogger...

Just yesterday, I went to go get my hair chopped off again and my hair stylist and friend offered me a jogger/bike trailer FOR FREE that has been in her garage unused for years. I was so excited. I had been doing some light searching on Craig's List for a jogger stroller and didn't really want to pay the prices!

I have not been a "jogger" in years and I really want to get back into the swing of things again. Jogging with a regular stroller is NOT conducive to a leisurely jaunt around the town so I knew if I were going to get serious about running and exercising again I would need the appropriate tools for the job!

I hosed and wiped down the new cruiser and it shined up like a new penny! Lucy and I took it for a stroll today and as it turns out Lucy loves sitting in it but it was way too hot outside. We went around the block and went straight back home. The sun was directly above us the whole time and Lucy was getting way too hot in there. Although I had her salty juice in with her, she was getting flush and extremely HOT to the touch.

Lucy and I will re-attempt the jogging tonight when the sun goes down. Let the jogging begin! I have been clinging to this baby fat for 17 months now and I'm running out of excuses! I refuse to give up the FABULOUS food that I cook and my portion control could use a little work but I figure if I just burn more calories, that should do the trick!
Only time will tell. Time to get fit...

Ready, set, JOG...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome...good luck! I'm dying to get back to jogging too (for the exercise)...i just got to find more motivation and the right time of the day...it's usually 90 degrees still at 9pm at night. I might have to try the mornings???

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails