Thursday, June 25, 2009

To Sleep Or Not To Sleep...

Lucy will fight me to the death at bedtime! Tonight she slid off the couch to continue playing just as she slid into dreamland.

Being the co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding mom that I am, who doesn't believe in letting a child cry-it-out, Lucy fell asleep in my arms while trying to climb down off the couch! She is a fighter in more ways than one but sleeping has always been an issue with us.

I don't know why going to sleep has always been an issue...
Maybe because she is the kind of kid that doesn't want to miss out on one single thing and she thinks we might just have a party without her while she slumbers.
Maybe she just hates sleeping all together, which might just be the craziest notion EVER, considering I could take a 4 hour nap during the day if I had the time!
Maybe she fights it because she knows that I love her so much and I want to spend EVERY WAKING MOMENT with her.

Whatever the reason for her bedtime stubbornness one thing is certain...I love our cuddle time together and cherish every moment we spend (even if it is spent fighting off Mr. Sandman!)

Goodnight my little monkey!


2 comments:

  1. My 2nd child was not a good sleeper either..looking back we realize some of it had to do with being formula fed & having reflux. She's 16 now & back then babies weren't dx w/reflux like they are now & given meds. She was in the NICU for a week for meconium aspiration-then d/t lack of support/help/eduction I didn't nurse her & she had the most miserable tummy issues. Breaks my heart just thinking about it.

    She'd wake up constantly, didn't sleep through the night until almost a year etc..But even now she's a poor sleeper so I think some ppl just are. My mom has this sleeping issue where it takes forever for her to fall asleep & get decent rest..until the early morning/afternoon. My 3rd daughters the same way.

    My 2nd, she also has ADHD/TS w/OCD tendencies & she's always had trouble falling sleep. Once she's out, she's a rock-and it's freaky how deep she'd sleep as a little kid.. not so much anymore. But it STILL often takes her HOURS to fall sleep.

    Because she was developmentally delayed & impulsive when she was younger, this posed a saftey issue & quite frankly was a PITA.

    I feel for ya! BTW, Lucy is ADORABLE..love her name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Way to be a fighter, Lucy! :)

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails