Monday, July 12, 2010

The Camping Trip

What a fabulous time we had while we were camping this weekend!
Four very warm days spent camping along side of the beautiful South Fork of the American River in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California.


The days got pretty hot while we were there, reaching highs of 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The river water that directly flows down from the mountains from the melted snows of winter was so cold, at a brisk 58 degrees.
With the hot weather and cold water (that Lucy wouldn't step foot in for more than a few minutes) it was necessary to keep her hydrated while we played.
She loves to munch of ice in her down time, and I also added tons of salt to all of her food.


A lot of Lucy time was spent playing with this tether ball that was located right behind our trailer. She made up her own games, stacked rocks on the tire, and made up songs to sing while she swung the ball around the pole.
Hours were spent here...imagining!



Down by the river bank, she collected rocks to toss around.
The girl loves rocks.
Collecting rocks, throwing rocks, telling me about their shapes, sizes and comparing different colors.
In the two and a half years that I've known Lucy, and certainly after this trip,
I would go on to say that if she had to pick a future profession, it may be...
Geology!


Some very yummy calories were consumed while we were camping...one of my absolute favorite moments about camping and having an open fire pit...
S'Mores!
She gobbled up at least one marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker sandwich every night!


There were plenty of great ways to exercise Lucy's lungs while we were camping.
Her Grandma brought along some bubbles to play with...which Lucy is becoming a pro at!



The super luxurious part of this entire weekend was my Dad's camping trailer with complete electric hook-ups.
This means that we were able to do all of Lucy's breathing treatments, and had an air conditioned place to go if it got too hot outside!


I am going to end this lovely camping post with a side note about Lucy's attitude as of late. I will be elaborating more in another post about her terrible-two tantrums that almost put a damper on this trip! As if I didn't know already how stubborn and strong-willed she was already, but this trip proved that she really might be a fourteen year old girl trapped in a two year old's body!
We have been having some serious power struggles, and to say the least...
she has been testing my patience and pushing my buttons on purpose, just to get a rise out of me,
and some of these struggles have ended with both of us in tears!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! those days of power struggles are hard and I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen the beginning! So good to hear you had a good trip. It's so nice to get out and see our kids using their imagination! So much time can be spent indoors watching tv because of CF. I want to make sure Ben doesn't become too much of a couch potato!

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails