Sunday, May 2, 2010

Great Strides

What a great day at the Sacramento Great Strides walk yesterday! I was amazed at the turn out! Nearly 40 people, family and friends, walking for Lucy! I got all misty-eyed multiple times yesterday just from the LOVE pouring out of this team! Look at all of us decked out in our purple shirts with Lucy's sweet face on the front...


And TEAM LUCY on the back (and of course, everyone carried red balloons for Connor)...
I couldn't have asked for more perfect conditions to make for a better day! When people refer to "sunny California" this is the stuff they're talking about! It was a sunny, warm May day at the Sacramento state capital.


I was honored to meet other people in our CF community yesterday. Those wonderful, supportive people that I have been speaking to via the internet for over a year now. These people, other CF mommies and adult CFers, are so special to me in so many ways! They know exactly what I am going through everyday. I was able to finally meet my friend, Tony. He is an adult CF warrior who lives in the Sacramento area. We have been internet friends for almost 2 years, so it was nice to finally put a face to the name!
The outpouring of support and love from my friends and family is what keeps me going. Without these people in my life, I would certainly crumble under the pressure. They hold me up just by being around. They make me laugh, they make me cry, and they stand up with me to love and support the one thing that means the most to me... LUCY!

A huge THANK YOU to all those that donated to help find a cure for Lucy, and to those that walked with us yesterday. I love all of you! I am not even close to being done this year.
The fundraising will continue through the summer! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the red!!! I can't wait until our walk next year, we missed this one because shes in the hospital...but next year are we doing it BIG.

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails