Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CF MOM is 1 year old today!

This same day last year was my very first blog post ever. I had never blogged before, but then again, I had nothing of substance in my life to blog about. Lucy and Cystic Fibrosis has changed everything about me and they way I perceive the world, IN A GOOD WAY. It is bitter sweet for me to think that it took a little human being and a fatal disease for me to get my shit together! Just three years ago, I was a chain-smoking drunk who lived most of her life in a bar. Now, I am a mommy to Lucy and a student, and I couldn't be happier about it. Of course, there are still times when all I want is a pint of Guinness or a dirty Grey Goose martini with three olives, but I certainly don't want to go out every single night. I'd rather be home cuddling with my daughter. Every single moment is special when I am with her. Yes, even the out of control moments when I want to pull my hair out. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

As I reread the first blog I ever wrote, I can tell that my writing has changed, and my experiences have grown. I will continue to blog about mine and Lucy's daily lives and living happily and healthily as we can with Cystic Fibrosis, but things may change along the way as I learn new things about the world and about myself. There are still some subjects in my life that I choose not to blog about, and maybe some day I will be fully and openly honest with you, but for now, I'm still too scared to open up my life completely. My life and my blog is always a work in progress, and I am glad you all have decided to come along for the journey.

This blog has led me into the open arms of the CF community. There are thousands of wonderful people fighting for their lives or the lives of their children. They help keep me sane by just allowing me to vent, ask important CF questions, and talk about things that most people know nothing about...raising a happy child who happens to have a life-threatening disease. This blog has become therapy for me. I get to talk openly about the one thing that scares the hell out of me. I have met dozens of wonderful people, and am able to keep people, friends and family, in touch with what goes on with Lucy, and her health and happiness.

Thanks for following us through our life adventure and lending a helping hand along the way! I'll keep writing for years to come, if you keep reading! :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy blog birthday! Kacie, your writing is beautiful and I, for one, appreciate all that you are willing to share with us. Your little Lucy is an absolute treasure! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary !! I am so happy I had the opportunity to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogging!! Thanks for being so open, I've learned so much from you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday from me too.. I really like reading it..Rick

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are appreciated! I'd love to hear from you...

Related Posts with Thumbnails